A fantastic day of finals - Ken Wighton Singles between Con Ganis and Ross Fitzpatrick was won by Ross Fitzpatrick 31 to 22. The boys had a fun and enjoyable game, but in the end there can be only 1 winner.
- Doug Gunton, Keith Robinson
- Jim Casey, Kevin Ross
- Con Ganis
- Darren Ede
- Peter Eagle, Warren Phillips
- Don Stubbin, Kevin Hoffman, Don Couch, Tony Boughton
- The spectators
- Ken Wighton presenting Ken Wighton Singles Trophy to Ross Fitzpatrick
- Peter Eagle, Max Walters, Warren Phillips
- Darrin Ede, Dallas Palm, David Wilson
- Ken Wighton Singles - Ross Fitzpatrick; Major Singles - Peter Eagle; Minor Singles - David Wilson
In the Minor Singles, David Wilson faced off against Darrin Ede. Darrin has been playing less than a year and is showing signs that he will challenge the best the club has to offer. The game was a tough tussle with David leading the way, building large margins only to have Darren claw his way back to within a couple of shots. This happened a few times, but in the end, David won out at 31 to 18.
The Major Singles was a very closely fought battle between Warren Phillips and Peter Eagle. The early stages of this match was neck and neck with low scores for many ends. Warren broke away to have a small lead over Peter, however Peter's tenacity saw him close the gap and sneak past Warren. A fitting last end had both players on 30 points. Peter took the last end to win 31 to 30.
Congratulations to all 6 bowlers for reaching their respective final.
Thanks go to Geoff McIntosh for orgainising the pre-game bbq, Don Couch & Tony Boughton for umpiring, Michael Schwarcz, Dallas Palm & Max Walters for marking.
Above all, thanks to family and bowlers who came to support the bowlers. It is very much appreciated by all bowlers.